Friday, July 16, 2010

Last night was simply FABULOUS!

My lovely blushing bride and myself were invited by Aunties Vindhya and Sherna and Uncles Jimmy and Sonju for a grand Costume party!






It was amazing... people dressed to the nines and boy, did they impress.
Aunty Dhun came as Ronaldo, complete with football and red shorts. Her T-shirt ofcourse, said 'Sweet 16'. Aunty Supriya came as a yesteryears Tollywood heroine and totally rocked the frilled sleeves and Bong saree.
Aunty V was 'Hotstuff' the devil in a gorgeous red boa and spiky neck cuff, Farah did a super Lady Gaga and Uncle Jim did a mean 'Waka Waka' dance dressed as an Arab Sheik.
Sonju uncle as a rowdy Cowboy and Sherna Aunty made a very angelic 'Pari'.
Dorab Uncle was a Parsi Sadra and dhoti wearing priest, Aunty Roshan made a convincing cowboy. Soniya's bellbottoms gave her the sixties edge as did Sasha aunty's tight sari and bouffant, while Nikita looked curvy and stunning with her guitar a la Zeenat in 'Hare Rama, Hare Krishna.'
A special shout- out to Monu Mulani who came as SRK from 'My name is Khan' complete with hand held board that said 'My name is Khan and I am not a terrorist' and 'I can repair almost anything, even broken hearts' on the other side. Monu even did the gimpy SRK walk.. full marks Monu- thunderous applause!
Sanya came as Shantipriya from Om Shanti Om and walked away with the prize! Meanwhile we had Marilyn Monica and Marilyn Divya oomphing it up... nice cleavage ladies! Asha mausi as Mona Darling and Amita Aunty as a vamp were luscious.
Rukshad was 'Fook Yu' complete with Chinese whiskers and braid and Anil uncle came with a 'gunna' as Quick Gun Murugan. Yogesh uncle channeled Sarkar and Anjan as Zorro was quite dashing! The mask will come in use later dude..if you know what I mean... wink wink, nudge nudge. Heh.
Naresh- Dharmendra burned up the dance floor, while the ladies had to baccho from Rishi Kapoor Gaurav. Gaurav, I want to borrow the heart pendant and belt from you dude.
Ritesh Bhaiya was Gabbar... literally and figuratively... and kept threatening people with his gun.. I want to borrow the gun from you Bhaiya.
The Taneja Clan were the stars of Lollywood... complete with calling cards et al!
Mom was Helen in bright red wig and slinky shiny dress and sister was a pirate complete with talking parrot.
Mon Pater of course had to be as obnoxious as is humanly possible and came as a Belly Dancer. He jiggled his bare belly at anyone who would pay attention, walked on tippy toes upto unsuspecting guests and flashed them with his shiny pink falsies and generally made a huge pink pest of himself.
Abby was my slut bride with red net stockings, cleavage ridden dress and white lace gloves. He was a cross between Madonna in 'Like a Virgin' and a Thai side show cross dresser... if we took him to Bangkok in this get-up, I guarantee I will lose my suhaag. I think he quite enjoyed all the uncles feeling up his falsies on the pretense that 'One was slipping'. Poor raped sod. He asked for it. During dress trials he actually asked the horrified tailors to make his boobies 'so large that no one would look at his face'. A lot of people told me how lucky I was to have found a man like him. Sure... A cross- dressing, attention grabbing slut...I'm all set in life guys.

If I've missed anyone out, please dont mind... I'm slightly hung over from all the revelry! Also, the photos are quite blurry and very few... would anyone who has got some nice one either please forward them to me or upload them on the Wedding Webpage? Thanks!
I do have some rather interesting video footage though, which will be released on Youtube later... unless... Mwaahahahahaha *evil laugh*

The attention to detail was just amazing...even the menu was tailor made with items such as 'Kutti Cheez', 'For you thighs Only', 'Gabbar ke Kebab' and 'My Name Is Paan' to name a few.
And if this was not enough, there was a whole catwalk segment with every couple strutting their stuff and prizes for everyone. Thank yo Monica for being the stylish MC.
I am soooo amazed by the sheer effort, warmth and love all around me... I'm overwhelmed, honoured and humbled.
Thank you, thank you, thank you a MILLION times.
Abby and I are blessed to be surrounded by so much fun and love.
Keep on rocking my lovely nagpur family and friends.










Tonight... on to my best childhood friend Gauri and her husband Viradh's home for a comforting evening of love and food!

More later,
A

3 comments:

  1. Very amazed to see the fun and revelry. But please to understand MARRIAGE IS A SERIOUS AFFAIR so stop having the fun. To this effect, certain rules must be laid down and sworn by before plane takes off tarmac (ooooh nice idea for webpage, plane landing on the beach and sunset-ocean in background!)
    1) no getting pissy in van,no getting pissy anywhere near van. we have seen test run in blog 1. I call it unsatisfactory.
    2) bride to turn up looking as bride. Bride to not cuss out friends who also dress up to look like brides.
    3) groom to turn up looking as groom. And not someone you want to smack with a lace whip.
    4) bride to sign non-beating-of-non-blood-relations agreement before emerging onto mandap.
    5)bride and bride's family to confront ISD bill resulting from Abhijeet's vanishing act only after guests have been returned to Indian territory airport.

    Trust we will all work together cooperatively to make this a memorable journey into matrimony.
    And my parting wisdom, especially to the young to-be's:
    Remember, when in doubt, do not shout.

    Karishma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another request to be added to the rule page:
    6) Bride's mother to please come looking like red-head.

    ReplyDelete