Monday, July 26, 2010

I totally winked out for a while there. Sorry to those who've been reading. (I know youre out there... somewhere.)

Granddad fell ill, many, many complications, blogging took a back seat.

And now, two days away from D- DAY as I sit waiting for my baraat and wedding guests to arrive here at the charming Alila, Cha-am, I thought I would write one last blog as a singleton.

So forgive me if its a bit sentimental.

I wasn't able to blog in detail about Viradh and Gauri, my childhood chaddi- buddy's lovely evening. It was indeed a beautiful, warm and totally reassuring one... kind of like a cross between a tight hug and hot chicken soup. Thanks Gaura. I love you. Viradh, youre a star.

Then there was Bunty and DP Sabharwal's lovely evening at our farm- Brookside. The food was absolutely stunning, the decor gorgeous.. the farm simply glowed with the fairy lights and bright smiles of all round. Thanks, Bunty and DP- you guys are so, so sweet!

And finally...there was the big she-bang thrown by Asha and Prakash Singhania, Navin and Jayanti Rekhi and Usha Kale at the local hot- spot Moksha. Everyone got dolled up to the nines and drank and danced the night away. It was superb fun and a fitting prelude to the wedding. Special mention- Asha Mausi looked super cool. We- the 'Guests of honour' (ahem ahem) were given special flower bracelets and an 'Arati' was performed too. I sat there looking and feeling super smug through the whole thing. It really was such a fun night. Kind of reminded me of the reasons home will always remain home. Thanks to Asha Mausi, Prakash Uncle, Jayanti Aunty, Navin Uncle and Usha Aunty who organized it. You guys rock. Wont mention their kids names, but you guys rock too! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Wish I had the time to put up photos from these events.. perhaps after the wedding is done..

Now that I'm so close, I cant help but want to thank everyone of you guys... all my friends and family in Nagpur, Bombay, Delhi, Bangalore, Mauritius, Singapore, Hongkong... who've made me and Abhijit feel so, so special. You all are very very special to us and I'm waiting to see each one of you day- after!

All the lovely ladies and gents who are slaving everyday to put up the magnificent Sangeet- you are all superstars in my eyes and I will gladly dance at any event you want...for a fee of course..just kidding. Not.

Rahul Kale, my best, best, forever best man... I love you. There will always be a room in my house for you and that idiot Gautam Saraf. Yes yes Gautam, I love you too. But I like Neha better.

Gauri, Shanu didi, Vidhi, Amy - you guys are my rocks. Nikita, youre a SUPER STAR! You also have one of the most efficient teams in the world! Beanie, I miss you. And to the beautiful ladies who swim and give me wisdom and love everyday... thank you. And soooo many more lovely friends... you know who you are. Mwaah mwaah to you all. I've seen such a beautiful side to so many in the past few days.

Mandeep- you've done more for me than even family ever could. I've just finished dinner with you and you were sniffling into your soup with horrid nasal congestion and cold, but still you slaved on to perfect all the wedding details. You, my friend and your team, are FANTASTIC. Its been my deep honour to have worked with you and planned this wedding with you.

Didi and Jai and babies- I love you guys and having you here is whats making my wedding perfect.

Mum and Papa- I dont really have words and I dont want to bawl right now. So I will skip it. I love you. Always and forever.

And finally, to the man I'm going to marry... thanks for coming along. Really. It was awfully nice of you and now youre stuck with me for life. Hooray. I love you.

I'm so blessed and so sentimental right now... I think I'll go sob myself to sleep.

See you all at Cha-am!

A

4 comments:

  1. Bean I miss you too! Grumble, I'm going to put up a dance too, and swim too, and sneeze into soup too and generally be an all-rounder PERFECT WEDDING GUEST. Yes, I will take away the cup!
    hee hee, so excited bean, I can't sleep! just the thought of seeing you in Cha'am welcoming people to your wedding. I think I will faint when I see Abhijeeeet at the airport, I can't take any excitement/stimulation/mints. Hmmn.
    Anyway, bean one round of applause to murtaza who took a hit for the team and that's the only reason I can come leaving zahra behind....
    It's all coming back to me bean, the crazy hectic years we've spent together in Bombay, I mean the last couple of years though we go back before that (to a farm in nagpur, yes yes) The last few years bean - those mad years will never come back. And guess what? I don't miss them - because I feel the most tremendous relief at the thought that you found THE GUY. AND THE GUY FOUND YOU. Of course, the order of things is probably muddled, but I don't think I've slept for 5 nights! so excuse please...
    anyway, here's to the GUY and the GIRL finding more in each other as the years go by, and finding out just how serene and how beautiful it is to be with your soul mate in that one unbreakable unshakable bond of .... where was I?
    Hmmmn.
    Here's to you and Abhijeet. And here's to Abhijeet and you. Because there is nothing like marriage to tell you that it doesn't matter who comes first as long as the team moves forward together.
    Grow and prosper my two almost-wedded beans. Grow, prosper, thrive and even when we're all eighty and burping fragrantly, my love and belief in the two of you will never run dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appu....first of all....thanku for the SUPER STAR status!!! i am on cloud 9..10...11!!!! THANKS DUDE!
    yes Appu sweetie last 2 days of bachelourhood!! one confession baby....i bet U r gonna love the wedded stautus more than the almost wedded status!
    lemme tell u sweetie the scene here in Nagpur...everyone is supa excited for tonight...looking forward for the on board excitement!!! but m gonna miss u for sure BRIDEZILLA!!
    So U r gonna be the cutest , lovliest "DULHANRANI" our "Mishti dahi" Abhijeet could have had!! looking forward and waiting to see u tomorrow with Mehendi adorned hands! AMEN!!
    May u both prosper for ever n ever together....
    okay...i m feeling like a garanny now!!! shall not have a chance to bless u in BKK....with all the grownup clan around!
    and people...follow Appu's blog....it so much fun...none of u hv yet got on to it!!i bet its gonna be cozier and better than FB!!!!lol lol lol....
    love u both .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aspy we are coming in the morning!!!!! :) And you've made me a bit sentimental too!! So lets do the bawling here and leave Thailand just for fun!! Will always remember the Rotaract days to Nuts about Nautanki...to London mein bhindi ki sabzi and chicken curry with rice....to Bombay...all single girls not sleeping before 5 and not waking up before 2pm...all the Pachmarhi _ Kanha trips to Bali- Bangkok trips....from posing as film makers to now running our own thing...from dancing on aaiye aajaeye to singing karaoke... dancing in Zodiac to dancing in Bottleneck....meeting up EVERY saturday night in Gondwana to STILL meeting saturday nights in Gondwana!! Sharing heartbreaks to now being there for the weddings! Giggling...laughing...bitching...loving...caring...to just BEING THERE!!! Seen it all...been there for it all...will be there for everything more to come!! That is a promise! Wishing you and Abby the very very best always...you know Saket and I are just a phone call away! Rest...you know...don't need to "blog" it!! :) Love and hugs!
    Vidhi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sigh, I sent this to Aziz - a message for you on your wedding day. he couldn't get it to you - so here it is....

    There are many types of love but the strangest of all is bean love. All our lives are richer for having it and knowing it and learning from it.

    my heart feels like it is in shiny little pieces for having missed the day Aparna bean became a missus and Abhijeet received his lifelong beanship and husbanding qualification. But I know ( from the one shiny piece that remains in my chest cavity) {do action! Point!} that beanship goes above and beyond. How do I know? Because I heard it from the spunkiest bean of us all.

    Rain will fall. Suns will shine. Tides will rise and ebb away. Tiny forest creatures will eat nuts...
    But today you have celebrated something that makes all of this the stuff of romance. Congratulations on your wedding. Welcome to the Big League.
    And remember, my eight years worth of accumulated marital wisdom comes down to this:
    when in doubt do not shout.

    I love you forever and ever and beyond and above and below and ocassionally in- between.
    Karishma proud-to-be-bean.

    ReplyDelete