Sunday, July 11, 2010

And here it is... Blog number 2.

Am not quite so pissy right now so I must say, am very, very chuffed at the way the wedding webpage has turned out! LOVE it and really must thank Mandeep, Sunil, the Jagsons team, Mangesh Sawalakhe and his team for dealing so patiently with this tantrumy Bridezilla.

So we just went to the Alila to finalize all the details. Am so very excited!
Everything is going exactly the way I want it to... so apparently micromanaging and nitpicking DOES work.
The property is looking beautiful against the slightly overcast sky, the Chef has prepared a dhasu menu (seafood lovers rejoice... much crab, lobster and prawn masti await), the mehndiwalis are coming in from Bangkok, the booze list is growing more and more extensive (thank you drunk ADU) and there are mild to no showers expected... so we are all set.
The Pundit coming in from Bangkok has a stutter (or should I say st..st..sttt..stutter), but apparently so does Hrithik Roshan and if Hritki boy can say his dialogues without a hitch so can our Pundit. Pray for us, just in case he cannot. Sw..sw..swww..swwwaaha to that.

Of course we ate continuously from the time we touched down in Bangkok until the time we boarded the return flight. Whilst my wishful- anorexic mum cribbed the entire time about how she would regain EVERY ounce she had lost in the past 2 weeks (perish forbid) I ate and enjoyed every minute of it.
Apparently everyone has lost weight for my wedding except me. Hooray.
As I said, I plan to deck anyone looking hotter than me at the wedding. So eat fools, or be decked.
I'm going to have to deck the lot of you, arent I?

Anyway, the ride back from Alila to Bangkok was no less exciting. First, Abhijit (who was in India) went missing in Khopoli. He left the house in Bombay to drive to Khopoli 2 hours away and 4 hours later had still not reached! And his phone was dead. So, I did what any sensible person using ISD would do- I panicked and called half the world trying to locate him. And when half the world couldnt locate him, he finally called and said his car broke down and he had no network. Phew. Breathed a sigh of relief. (Until the phone bill comes in next month- then is when I shall have a massive coronary)

Speaking of relief, I was not the only one needing it- the excitement was apparently far too much for father's bladder, which demanded relief too.
So the next half hour was spent in Papa's anguished inquiries to the driver of the van- 'Are we there yet?' At some point, the red- faced ADU emptied a mineral water bottle, all ready to replace its liquid contents with his own. This idea, as you can imagine, was enthusiastically shot down by Mum, Mandeep and myself. After this plan failed he contemplated jumping into the back of the pickup truck next to us in the slow moving traffic and doing his business there. This was until he noticed the beefy, 7 foot driver of the pickup. So that idea went in the crapper too. (Yes I realize the irony that the ideas had crappers but my father didnt)
After a while spent observing father's facial contortions and uncontrolled wriggling in the back seat, the driver finally pulled up at a green spot bang- smack in the middle of the road and gestured to it...
And THAT is how, my friends, father let fly full in the face of oncoming traffic and did the shuddhikaran of Thailand.

Moral of the story: Empty bladders thoroughly before embarking on coach to Alila, or face consequences later.

After that pithy moral tale, I shall log off.

After all, a bride needs her beauty sleep, no?

so, farewell, adieu... and to all, a good night.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when one hooked a stud like Abhi...one had to panic when he went missing!lol lol...afterall he is too hot to loose! u wont disagree to that ...BRIDE!!

    ReplyDelete